Best Doctors in India for Meconium Aspiration Treatment
- Dr. Bhaba Nanda Das is a well-known cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon and has performed the first Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting (CABG) on a beating heart in India.
- He holds an extensive experience of more than 3 decades and has performed over 20,000 cardiac surgeries and does more than 800 cardiac surgeries annually.
- With a keen interest in cardiovascular and thoracic procedures, Dr. Das is the first cardiac surgeon to use all arterial grafts for multiple coronary revascularizations. He was also the first to use coronary sinus in Fontan’s circulation.
- Prior to joining Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Dr. Das had been an integral part of the department of CTVS at AIIMS. There he performed some of the most complex and first cardiac surgeries which were never attempted by any surgeon in India.
- Dr. Bhaba Nanda Das is responsible for procuring the donor hearts for the first 3 heart transplant procedures in India and has been part of the team of cardiologists and surgeons of one of the best cardiac care centers in the world.
- He received his training in cardiothoracic and vascular surgery under the best surgeons and brought several innovative cardiac procedures to the country.
- Dr. Bhaba Nanda Das has helped in setting up cardiac centers in different parts of the country and has been associated with several hospitals both in India and foreign countries.
- He is closely associated with research activities and has more than 40 publications to his credit in several national and international journals.
- Dr. Das has attended numerous conferences, seminars, and scientific meetings in various parts of the world where he presented his knowledge on CABG, Heart transplant, and aortic aneurysm surgeries.
- Dr. Das is among the top cardiac surgeons in India and has received enormous appreciation for his work and contribution in the field of CTVS.
- Dr. Praveen Chandra is one of the most well known and respected Interventional Cardiologists in India.
- He is highly recognized for his knowledge and expertise in interventional cardiology and for developing new and advanced technology and devices.
- He has an extensive experience of over 3 decades and performs over 5000 percutaneous and diagnostic interventions every year.
- He specializes in devising techniques that help minimize open surgeries. He has performed the first Percutaneous Aortic Valve implantation without surgery in India.
- He also developed techniques to reduce the number of patients requiring bypass surgeries and has been trying to make angioplasty techniques more accurate to help with the treatment of multiple blocked arteries.
- Dr. Chandra used the Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR) technique on a 78-year-old patient to treat multiple coronary blocks for which he was featured in a leading Indian newspaper, The Times of India.
- He is regularly invited as a faculty to attend conferences and deliver speeches and present papers on his area of research. He also organizes seminars and meetings on a regular basis to share his work and talk about the advancements in interventional cardiology.
- His contribution to cardiology is huge especially in Coronary Angioplasty for which he has won several awards and appreciations. He was part of the team in Asia that started the Percutaneous Myocardial Laser Revascularization Program.
- He has more than 100 publications to his credit in the name of abstracts, articles and papers in renowned national and international medical journals.
- Dr. Z.S. Meharwal is a well known cardiac surgeon in India with over 25 of experience.
- He has performed more than 20,000 cardiac surgeries in his career that included some of the most complex and high risk cardiac procedures.
- He is a member of the founding team that started the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and has been associated with the hospital since then.
- His interest lies in Minimally Invasive Cardiac procedures, valve repair and replacement, heart transplant among other major vascular and thoracic surgeries.
- Together with his clinical practice, Dr. Meharwal also teaches and trains under graduate and post graduate students. He is the Program Director of DNB (Cardiothoracic surgery) at the hospital.
- He is regularly invited as a faculty in various national and international conferences, meetings and seminars where he delivers lectures and presentations.
- He is involved in research as well and has more than 40 publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals.
- Dr. Meharwal has been actively associated with social work since a long time and works towards providing the best and affordable cardiac surgery to the needy.
- He organizes workshops and medical camps in various parts of the country in order to provide free treatment as well as spread awareness on cardiac care. For his contributions in cardiac surgery in India, he was honored with the President Award.
- Dr. T. S. Kler is one of the best vascular surgeons not only in India but also abroad.
- He has performed more than 25,000 Surgeries in his life which makes him stand where he is.
- He is a pioneer in electrophysiology & he established the first dedicated Electrophysiology department in India at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute.
- He initiated a radio Frequency Ablations programme at Escorts in 1993, one of the first of its kind in India.
- He was the first doctor in India to implant an ICD, CRT-P & CRT-D.
- He also did the first HIS bundle pacing in India in 2015.
- He was instrumental in starting RF Ablation & cardiac devices implantation programme in many Centre in India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Srilanka & Pakistan.
- Dr. Ashutosh Marwah is one of the best child heart specialists in India, having experience of over 26 years.
- He was the former Assistant Director of Jaypee Hospital and is now practicing at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Dr. Ashutosh Marwah has expertise in treating complex cardiac defects, Interventional & perioperative cardiac catheterizations, dilatation stenting, fetal echocardiography, Aortic Aneurysm, and Stent implantation.
- He has Fellowships in Pediatric Cardiology from reputed hospitals like Escorts Heart Institute, Delhi, and Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, improvised his skills.
- Dr. Marwah published multiple research papers and articles in reputed medical journals of India and abroad. He is also a member of the Lions Club of Dar Es Salaam.
- Dr. Sandeep Attawar is a highly recognized Heart and Lung transplant surgeon in India currently associated with KIMS Hospital Hyderabad as Founder Director & Chair of Advanced Heart Failure, Terminal Lung Disease &The Solid Thoracic Organ Transplant Program
- He has over 2 decades of experience as a cardiac surgeon and has performed more than 10,000 cardiac surgeries in adult and pediatric patients.
- He specializes in all types of surgeries for adults as well as pediatric heart patients and finds interest in heart and lung transplant surgery, congenital heart surgery, Aortic aneurysm repair and implantation of heart failure devices.
- He has been part of several prestigious heart institutes in the country prior to joining Global Hospitals and has contributed immensely towards the cardiac department in each of the hospitals.
- Dr. Attawar is one of the few surgeons in India to partake cases of patients of all cases. He has the skill and expertise to perform the most complex of cardiac surgeries in pediatrics as well as adults.
- He is actively involved with NGOs and foundations for cardiac care such as the Being Human Foundation that provides free cardiac surgeries for children.
- He has performed some of the most complex cardiac surgeries on neonatals and infants and has been doing research to help premature babies with heart diseases and disorders.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical associations of the world. He is invited regularly as a faculty to various medical conferences and seminars across the globe to deliver presentations and lectures on pediatric cardiac surgery and cardiac surgery in general.
- He has made enormous contributions in Pediatric heart surgery as well as robotic cardiac surgery which are evident from the publications he has to his credit in renowned medical journals.
- Dr. Ajay Kaul is a leading name in the field of Cardiothoracic and Vascular surgery in India.
- He has over 3 decades of experience in performing cardiac surgeries and has done more than 10,000 cardiac operations till date.
- He specializes in Coronary Bypass surgery and is one of the best with the highest number of total arterial coronary bypass surgery (4000+) by using two internal mammary arteries from the chest and without any cuts on arms and legs.
- His interest lies in complex congenital cardiac diseases in children, pediatric cardiac surgery, aneurysm surgery, valve repair surgery and cardiac failure surgery.
- He is also an expert in minimally invasive cardiac surgeries (MICS) and has performed more than 4000 MICS which is the highest by any cardiac surgeon in India.
- Dr. Kaul received his training in heart transplant surgeries and ventricular assist devices from prestigious cardiac institutions of the world and has used the skills in his treatment procedures with successful outcomes.
- He has played a pioneering role in starting a state of the art coronary bypass program in North India for total arterial bypass surgery in Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and has performed more than 1000 surgeries in association with the program.
- Along with his clinical practice he has also taught and trained young surgeons in cardiovascular and thoracic procedures. He has more than 70 publications to his credit in renowned national and international medical journals with several contributions in medical text books.
- Dr. Anil Bhan is an excellent Cardiovascular and thoracic surgeon in Gurgaon specializing in aortic valve surgery and holds the largest experience of aortic surgery in India.
- He has performed more than 15,000 cardiac and vascular surgeries that include heart transplant surgery, aortic aneurysm surgery, pediatric cardiac surgery, valve repairs and peripheral vascular surgery among several others.
- He holds an experience of 35+ years in CTVS and has designed and developed more than 50 instruments useful for cardiac procedures and surgeries.
- He is one of the best pediatric cardiac surgeons in Delhi and NCR and is credited with performing heart bypass surgery on the youngest patient in India in 2007 (18 months).
- He performed the first extracorporeal membrane oxygenation and was the first to use harmonic scalpel for harvesting radial mammary artery conduits in India in 2000 and 1995 respectively.
- He was part of the team in 1994 that performed the first heart transplant in India and has assisted with transplant surgeries in several hospitals all over the country
- Dr. Bhan has been associated with various cardiac centers across the country and played a pioneering role in starting three cardiac surgical programs at Puttaparthi, Whitefield and Max Heart and Vascular Institute in 1992, 2001 and 2004 respectively.
- Together with his practice, he has also been a professor of cardiac surgery at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where he taught and trained young surgeons on CTVS procedures.
- He is a well known cardiac surgeon all over the world because of his contributions in CTVS and inventing new equipments that help surgeons with various cardiac procedures.
- Dr. Subhas Chandra is a leading Interventional cardiologist in Delhi presently associated with BLK-Max Super Speciality Hospital as the Chairman and Head of Cardiology.
- He holds close to 20 years of experience and specializes in coronary interventions, endovascular interventions, device implantation and structural heart diseases.
- He has performed more than 25,000 coronary interventions (complex angioplasty and rotablation), 4000+ for structural heart diseases and has done more than 3000 permanent pacemaker implants.
- His knowledge on interventional cardiology is enormous and he has served both as a consultant and teacher of cardiology in some of the prestigious medical hospitals and colleges in India.
- Dr. Chandra is regularly invited as a lecturer and faculty to various cardiology seminars, meetings and conferences in the national and international levels. He has attended and participated in numerous Cardiology workshops and CMEs at Euro-PCR, TCT- Asia, PCR- Asia Pacific and several other meetings.
- He is equally interested in research and has more than 50 publications in renowned national and international medical journals. His work on Valvuloplasty and Angioplasty has been highly appreciated by his peers and received great reviews.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical organizations and for his contributions he was honored twice with the Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award.
- A reputed cardiologist with over 32 years of experience, Dr Balbir Singh is considered a veteran in his field, both nationally and internationally.
- He has also pioneered several minimally invasive cardiology surgical techniques in India and has been honoured with the prestigious Padma Shree Award for his exceptional performance.
- “LIMCA” Book of Records also highlighted his contribution to the medical field in the Indian Electrophysiology Journal.
- Apart from being a full-time medical professional, Dr Singh has also acted as an advisor for the advisory panels of several prominent international societies and is known for his multiple publications that has been reflected in renowned journals both in the national and international medical industry.
Best Hospitals in India for Meconium Aspiration Treatment
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Apollo serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon | Founded by world-renowned Heart Surgeon, Dr. Naresh Trehan, Medanta has developed to one of the most reputed super-specialty hospitals in India. Medanta today serves patients from across the world for all major ailments | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital, Max New Delhi is specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Max serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance
Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute is one of the oldest and best Cardiac Centers in India. It has some of the best known interventional cardiologists & heart surgeons in India. It also has few other specialties | Contact for Appointment & assistance
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon | One of the top Super-Specialty Hospitals, Artemis Hospital is often counted among the top 10 Hospitals in India. Artemis serves patients from across the world.
BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi | One of the top Super-Specialty Hospitals in Delhi, BLK serves patients from not just India, but from across the world.
Jaypee Hospital, Noida
Jaypee Hospital, Noida | Jaypee Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in Delhi NCR | Jaypee has good medical team for specialties like Cardiology, Oncology, Orthopedics etc | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Research Center, Mumbai | One of the largest super-specialty hospitals in India, Kokilaben Hospital has an excellent medical team for all major super-specialties | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, Delhi
Manipal Hospital is a new and fast growing hospitals in Delhi NCR | Manipal has good medical team for specialties like Oncology, Cardiology and CTVS, Orthopedics etc | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Pushpawati Singhania Hospital & Research Institute, New Delhi
Pushpawati Singhania Hospital & Research Institute is a multi-specialty hospital which is well-known nationally and internationally. PSRI hospital is famous for its ambience, quality of care as well as high-level patient satisfaction.