Best Doctors in India for Lower Back pain Treatment
- Dr. S K Rajan is a renowned AO International Certified spine surgeon.
- He specializes in open as well as minimally invasive spinal surgeries and has performed over 3000 complex spinal surgeries for diseases and disorders.
- His expertise lies in Craniovertebral Junction and Lumbosacral Junction surgeries and is also an expert in spinal fracture surgeries, slipped discs, canal stenosis and surgery for spinal tumors and spinal tuberculosis.
- He holds an extensive experience of 15+ years during which he has performed numerous complex and high risk spinal surgeries.
- He is highly trained in all forms of spinal surgeries and holds Fellowship of the International World Federation of Neurosurgeons which has been achieved by very few surgeons in the world.
- Dr. Rajan is known to use MISS for his procedures in order to reduce the recovery time as well minimize the incision and cuts.
- He is well known throughout the world in the field of Neurosurgery for his innovative surgical techniques in the treatment of complex spinal disorders primarily for craniovertebral and lumbosacral junctions.
- He is member of various medical associations and is regularly invited to scientific conferences and seminars all over the world to deliver talks and lectures.
- He has presented numerous papers in global neurosurgical and spine surgery platforms and meetings and has received appreciations from his peers as well.
- Dr. Rajan has also attended workshops where he has demonstrated live surgeries for the purpose of teaching young spinal surgeons.
- He has to his credit numerous publications in renowned national and international journals and has also written text books on spine surgeries.
- Dr. Sandeep Vaishya is a renowned Neurosurgeon in India currently functioning as the Director of Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, India.
- With over 21 years of proficient experience in the field of advanced neurosurgery, he has closely worked with some of the top-notch institutes and hospitals in India.
- He is regarded as one of the top surgeons Gamma Knife Surgery in South Africa and is also considered a renowned surgeon for branchial plexus injuries
- Dr. Rana Patir is one of the most experienced and highly qualified Neurosurgeons in India. He is also an immensely accomplished spine surgeon.
- He holds an extensive experience of 23+ years as a neurosurgeon and has performed more than 10,000 neuro surgical procedures till date.
- He is an expert in all kinds of neuro and spine surgeries with specialization in minimally invasive brain and spine surgery, Epilepsy surgery, pediatric neurosurgery and neurovasculatr surgery.
- His expertise also lies in several other brain and spine procedures such as Stereotactic surgeries, deep brain stimulation surgery, Brain Aneurysms, cervical and lumbar disc replacement surgery and cranio-vertebral junction surgery.
- Dr. Patir is among the few neurosurgeons in India to specialize in complex brain tumor surgeries and has performed several such complex and advanced surgeries in his career.
- Prior to joining FMRI, Dr. Patir has worked with other prestigious hospitals in India that include AIIMS, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Max Healthcare
- Along with his practice, he has also spent years in teaching and training under graduate and post graduate students in neurosurgery during his stint at AIIMS and Sir Ganga Ram.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical institutes and has numerous published articles, abstracts and papers to his credit in renowned medical journals.
- Completing over 9000 successful neurological procedures, and still counting, Dr. Sudhir Tyagi is one of the top-notch names in India, diligently catering to neurological assistance with his vast knowledge and adept expertise.
- Dr. Tyagi pioneered the functional stereotactic surgery programme at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi and has since then successfully performed a large number of Deep Brain Stimulation surgeries and ablative surgeries. In fact, he is the first neurosurgeon to use Image Fusion Technique to localize targets in the Deep part of brain to perform functional stereotactic surgeries. He has great experience in all types of brain and spine surgeries.
- He started his medical journey with the prestigious King George Medical College in Lucknow and completed his neurosurgery training at the premier All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- He further underwent specialized training in the fields of neurovascular and skull base surgery at clinical center Ljubljana, Slovenia, completed his Stereotactic Functional Neurosurgery training at St. Vincent Hospital Sydney and his hands-on training of Spinal Cord Stimulation at San Francisco USA.
- He is currently working with Indraprastha Hospital with 25+ years of potent experience.
- Dr. Bipin Walia is one of the most famous neurosurgeons in India, currently functioning as the Senior Director of Neurosurgery at Max Specialty Hospital in Saket, New Delhi.
- Dr Bipin Walia has performed over 7000 successful neurosurgeries so far.
- He earned his MBBS and MS (General Surgery) degree from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, followed by which his, M.Ch(Neurosurgery) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- He has over 20 years of experience with his outstanding performance earning him quite some rewards and recognition.
- Dr. Sajan K Hegde is a spine surgeon with 33+ years of experience.
- He is known for performing spine and joint surgeries using latest technological advancements like minimally invasive sacroiliac joint fusion and cervical artificial disc.
- He has initiated many modern instrumentation systems in India including Cotrel, BAK cages, Harms Mesh Systems and more.
- Dr. Hedge holds expertise in surgical and non-surgical spine treatments, tackling trauma, et al.
- Dr. Anil Kumar Kansal is a well known neuro and spine surgeon in Delhi with over 2 decades of experience.
- He is a highly trained and skilled neurosurgeon specializing in minimally invasive spine surgeries, endoscopic neurosurgery, Functional Neurosurgery and micro neurosurgery.
- Till date he has performed over 10,000 neurosurgical procedures including 4500 brain surgeries, 500 endoscopic brain surgeries, 2000 spine surgeries, 400 aneurysms and 500 anterior cervical microdiscectomy with 60 disc replacement procedures.
- Dr. Kansal holds great skills in aneurysm clippings, neuro modulation, epilepsy and neuro vascular surgery and has handled several such types of cases in his career.
- He holds memberships of various neurological organizations and is a highly respected member of Neurosurgery in India.
- He has attended numerous conferences, seminars and meetings across the globe and presented papers and abstracts. He has delivered talks on how advancements can be made in the field of neuro surgery and spine surgery and has been greatly appreciated for his dedication and contributions.
- Dr. Himanshu Tyagi is a well known Spine surgeon with specialization in Minimally Invasive Spine Surgeries (MISS).
- He holds a super specialization in spine surgery from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi and is an expert in performing endoscopic spinal procedures and complex spinal surgeries.
- He has over a decade of experience in the field and is trained to perform all kinds of reconstructive and corrective spinal surgeries.
- He is trained to perform intradural as well as extradural spinal procedures and does surgeries by both anterior and posterior approach.
- Prior to joining Artemis Hospital, he has been associated with prestigious hospitals such as Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and Primus Hospital.
- Dr. Tyagi holds memberships of several medical associations and is counted among the best spinal surgery specialist in the country.
- Dr. Rajagopalan Krishnan is a well known orthopedic spine surgeon in India currently working with Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- He is one of the most highly accomplished and successful spine surgeons in Delhi performing more than 350 spine surgeries every year.
- He holds an extensive experience of 30+ years in spine surgery and specializes in different types of spinal diseases and disorders.
- He provides management and treatment of spinal disorders that includes disc and degenerative disorder, spinal tumor, spinal fractures, spinal trauma and spinal infections.
- His primary interests include simple and lumber Discectomy, cervical and lumber disc replacement surgery, spinal reconstruction for trauma, vertebrectomy and TESSYS.
- Dr. Krishnan has developed new techniques for Sacral Tarlov cysts and anterior short and long segment instrumented correction for both adult and pediatric patients.
- He has been exclusively practicing spinal surgery for over 2 decades and has been associated with Mid-Cheshire NHS Trust for 10 years dealing with over 3000 OPD patients annually.
- He has trained undergraduate and post graduate students as well as mentored PhD students with their research and projects.
- He holds memberships of prestigious medical associations of the world. He regularly attends national and international conferences on Spinal surgery and has also presented numerous papers during such meetings.
- Dr. Krishnan has been working with the Indian Council of Medical Research to utilize stem cells and growth factors for treating spinal deformity, spinal cord injury and disc disorders.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad is one of the most experienced Neurosurgeon and Spine surgeons in India.
- He received his trainings in Neurosurgery from the UK and holds an experience of more than 3 decades in the field.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad is an expert in all neuro and spine surgeries that include micro neurosurgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, surgery for degenerative spine diseases, surgery for brain and spine trauma, and neuro tumor surgeries.
- Prior to joining Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Dr. Prasad spent most of his years in the UK in various hospitals both practicing and training in neuro and spine surgery.
- At Indraprastha, he is credited for having started the neuro-spine surgery department and has helped extensively in making it one of the best centers of neurosurgery in India.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad is an expert neurosurgeon and has brought in years of skills and experience in the treatment of every patient with utmost care.
Best Hospitals in India for Lower Back pain Treatment
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Apollo serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, India | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital, Fortis is specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Fortis serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon | Founded by world-renowned Heart Surgeon, Dr. Naresh Trehan, Medanta has developed to one of the most reputed super-specialty hospitals in India. Medanta today serves patients from across the world for all major ailments | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
Max Super Specialty Hospital, Saket, New Delhi | India’s premier Super Specialty Hospital, Max New Delhi is specialized in all general and advanced medical interventions. Max serves patients from across the world | Contact for Appointment & assistance
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon | One of the top Super-Specialty Hospitals, Artemis Hospital is often counted among the top 10 Hospitals in India. Artemis serves patients from across the world.
BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi | One of the top Super-Specialty Hospitals in Delhi, BLK serves patients from not just India, but from across the world.
Jaypee Hospital, Noida
Jaypee Hospital, Noida | Jaypee Hospital is one of the largest hospitals in Delhi NCR | Jaypee has good medical team for specialties like Cardiology, Oncology, Orthopedics etc | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital & Research Center, Mumbai | One of the largest super-specialty hospitals in India, Kokilaben Hospital has an excellent medical team for all major super-specialties | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, Delhi
Manipal Hospital is a new and fast growing hospitals in Delhi NCR | Manipal has good medical team for specialties like Oncology, Cardiology and CTVS, Orthopedics etc | Contact for Appointment & assistance!
Paras Hospital, Gurugram
Paras Hospital is a popular hospital in Gurugram, India. Paras Hospital caters to almost all major specialties | Contact for appointment & assistance!