Top IVF Specialists in India
- Dr. Sonia Malik is a renowned gynecologist and obstetrician in India specializing in IVF and ART.
- Dr. Sonia Malik founded the Southend Fertility and IVF Center with the motive of helping infertile couples have a family, and the clinic is considered one of the best in India.
- She holds an extensive experience of 30+ years in Gynecology, Obstetrics, and Infertility and specializes in various types of ARTs including IVF, ICSI, and IMSI. Dr. Malik has performed over 8000 fertility procedures with around 25 IVF cycles and 20 IUI cycles every month.
- Dr. Sohani Verma is a well-known Gynecologist and Obstetrician in India, with approximately 22 years of experience in numerous treatments in these disciplines. Dr. Verma serves as a senior consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals.
- She specializes in infertility and IVF treatments, and she also founded a sperm bank in the hospital in 2002. She has 22 years of IVF and infertility experience in the UK and India.
- Dr. Sohani Verma worked as the Academic Coordinator for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals in New Delhi.
- Dr. Sushma Prasad Sinha is one of the top Gynaecologists and Obstetricians in India, having over 35 years of experience. She is primarily a well-known name in infertility & IVF with an unrivalled success rate.
- Dr. Sinha specialises in the ovarian cyst, fibroid, endometriosis, and ablation laparoscopic procedures; hysteroscopic surgeries, vaginal surgeries, tubal reconstruction, Colposcopy, loop cone cervical biopsies, and fertility preservation surgeries.
- She works in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital as an obstetrician and gynaecologist.
- Dr. Sushma Prasad Sinha has also written articles for many medical publications and a book chapter titled “Effective Approach to Basic Evaluation of Subfertile Couples.”
- Dr. Saroja Koppala is an expert Gynecologist and Obstetrician who is highly trained and experienced in all forms of ART and has helped in achieving a large number of successful pregnancies.
- She received most of her trainings in infertility and reproductive medicine from prestigious fertility clinics in the UK and has also spent a considerable amount of time in practicing at several renowned hospitals.
- Dr. Koppala finds interest in the management of women with recurrent miscarriage, repetitive implantation failure, failed IVF cycles, endometriosis, adenomyosis and low ovarian reserve.
- Dr. Anuradha Kapur is a gynecologist with the experience of around 30 years, who is the director and head of the obstetrics and gynecology department at Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi.
- She is known as one of the best gynecologists, obstetricians, and infertility specialists in Delhi treating patients who have even suffered repeated IVF failures.
- Max Hospital has awarded Dr. Kapur with the Physician Appreciation Award for her efficiency, precision, dedication, and compassion.
- Dr. Nandita Palshetkar is one of the best and leading IVF specialists in India with expertise in all kinds of infertility treatment.
- She along with Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is responsible for starting Assisted Laser Hatching in India in 1998 and also delivered the first laser hatching twins in the country.
- With training in IVF and Micromanipulation from the University of Ghent, Belgium, Dr. Nandita Palshetkar has helped more than 25,000 couples to start a family. She along with her team of experts performs more than 3000 ART cycles every year.
- Dr. Parul Katiyar is a well-known Obstetrician and Gynecologist in India with expertise in Reproductive medicine and the management of infertility.
- She has close to 2 decades of experience in gynecology and obstetrics and over a decade of experience in infertility and IVF. She provides services for the management of primary and secondary infertility in couples.
- She is experienced in all types of assisted reproductive techniques and has been part of and has assisted in more than 3000 ART cycles of all forms for patients from various parts of the world.
- Dr. Hrishikesh Pai is a highly accomplished gynecologist and obstetrician in India and a leading IVF specialist in the country.
- He has set up several IVF centers all across the country and is associated with several hospitals as the head of the IVF department in collaboration with Bloom IVF Group.
- Dr. Hrishikesh Pai started the first Assisted Laser Hatching unit as well as the first micromanipulation procedure at Bloom IVF. He also introduced several other fertility treatment procedures and services such as Oocyte freezing and ovarian tissue freezing for patients with cancer.
- He holds an extensive experience of 35+ years in the field of IVF and fertility treatment and has helped hundreds of couples conceive and start a family.
- Dr. Kaberi Banerjee is a renowned Gynecologist in Delhi and one of leading infertility and IVF specialists in India.
- Along with her team of embryologists and experts, Dr. Banerjee has helped in over 10000 pregnancies through ART (Assisted reproductive techniques).
- She received her training in IVF and fertility treatment from the renowned Guys and St Thomas Hospital in London and also served as the Clinical Fellow at the Hospital for a year.
- Dr. Lakshmi Chirumamilla is a Gynecologist and Obstetrician based out of Hyderabad and specializes in all types of Assisted Reproductive Techniques (ART).
- She has been part of various infertility clinics in the UK as an Infertility Specialist and is also a trainer for assisted reproduction, IUI, embryo transfer, and the management of infertile couples accredited by British Fertility Society.
- Dr. Chirumamilla has completed her certificate courses in assisted reproduction and infertility under the aegis of the British Fertility Society as well as the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
Best IVF Clinics in India
Nova IVF, India
- Nova IVF is the largest chain of fertility centers in India with clinics set up in various cities across the subcontinent.
- The Nova IVF Fertility clinics are considered the best IVF centers in India providing quality ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) services to patients from all across the globe.
- Every Center of Nova IVF is fully equipped with the latest in technology and medicine and world-class infrastructure along with state-of-the-art laboratories and medical facilities.
- Bloom IVF Centre is one of the leading and the largest group of fertility centers in India with 9 IVF centers, 4 assisted fertility centers, and 5 affiliate units across Delhi, Mumbai, and Punjab.
- The Directors of Bloom IVF are Dr. Hrishikesh D. Pai & Dr. Nandita Palshetkar, two of the most reputed IVF Experts in India.
- The first center was established in 1991 with the vision to provide help and assistance to couples who have difficulty conceiving naturally.
Advance Fertility & Gynecology Centre, New Delhi
- Advance Fertility and Gynecology Centre is one of the most renowned IVF centers in Delhi and among the best in the country.
- The best thing about AFGC is that it is headed by Dr. Kaberi Banerjee who is among the leading IVF specialists in the country and has trained in infertility and IVF from the best centers in India and UK.
- The center is fully equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure and medical facilities with separate rooms for each technique.
Indira IVF India
- Indira IVF is one of the leading chains of IVF centers in India spread across several states in the country.
- Since its inception, more than 30,000 couples all over the world have been able to enjoy the happiness of parenthood.
- It was established in 1988 in Udaipur by Dr. Ajay Murdia primarily as a center for the treatment of male infertility and now has become a center for various infertility treatments.
A4 Hospitals & A4 Fertility Centre, Chennai, India
- A4 Hospital is a tertiary maternity referral centre that caters to the healthcare needs of needy couples. The hospital provides advanced maternity care with the highest success rates and highest quality services, thanks to a team of expert medical professionals and state-of-the-art medical infrastructure.
- The A4 Fertility Centre is well-equipped with a cutting-edge IVF lab and an operating theatre. The center’s primary success can be attributed to its expert doctors, experienced in-house embryologists, and well-trained professional staff. In addition, the hospital offers 24-hour emergency, in-patient, pharmacy, laboratory, and Sonology/ultrasound scan services.
ART Fertility Clinic, Delhi
- ART Fertility has expanded its presence in India as part of Gulf Capital’s worldwide expansion effort, beginning operations in eight clinics across the country in 2021, with an additional 10 clinics set to open by mid-2022. In the second half of 2021, ART Fertility Clinics will announce the opening of many clinics in Europe and Asia.
- In 2015, IVI RMA Global launched ART Fertility Clinics in the Middle East under the brand name IVI Middle East. IVI RMA sold its ownership to Gulf Capital in January 2020, and the company was renamed ART Fertility Clinics. Mr. Suresh Soni, Chief Executive Officer, and Prof. Dr. Human Fatemi, Group Medical Director, have led ART Fertility Clinics since its establishment.
- ART Fertility Clinics has grown to become the premier institute for Human Reproductive Medicine in the Middle East in the last six years, with clinics in Abu Dhabi, Muscat, and Dubai.
In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF), also called Test Tube Baby is a process of fertilization where an egg is combined with sperm outside the body, in vitro. The process involves monitoring and initiating a woman’s ovulation process, removing an ovum or ova (egg or eggs) from the woman’s ovaries and letting the fertilization process in the laboratory. After the fertilization when the embryo is formed, it is implanted in the same or another woman’s uterus.IVF is a type of assisted reproductive technology used for infertility treatment and gestational surrogacy.
IVF Procedure Explained
Step 1: Ovarian Stimulation
In this step, the IVF specialist will monitor your ovaries and the timing of egg release. They will ensure that your ovaries are releasing eggs and the hormone level (among other things) are normal.
Depending on the protocol followed, you may be required to take fertility medicines or hormones to stimulate your ovaries to produce more eggs, so that chances of pregnancy is maximized by IVF.
Patients who are not able to produce enough healthy eggs can have the option of going with donor eggs.
Step 2: Egg Pick-up
During this step in the IVF process, pain medication is given to reduce any discomfort. Then a very thin needle is passed through the upper vaginal wall. With the use of vaginal ultrasound, fluid is removed from the follicles under gentle suction.
Immediately after aspiration of the follicle, the oocyte (egg) is isolated from the follicular fluid. The egg is placed in a culture dish containing nutrient media and then transferred to the incubator.
Step 3: Sperm Preparation
The male partner has to be present at this stage to give sperm for the IVF process. Generally, sperm is provided on the day of egg retrieval. However sometimes sperm can be collected in advance and frozen for use after egg retrieval. While generally sperm is donated through ejaculation, in cases where male partner is not able to donate enough healthy sperms through ejaculation, sperm retrieval procedures like microepididymal sperm aspiration (MESA), or testicular sperm extraction (TESE) is used. It is recommended to avoid intercourse for 2 days prior to sperm donation but not more than 6 days for best quality sperm.
Step 4: Egg Fertilization
The next step of the IVF process is the fertilization of the egg. A sperm sample is secured, either from your partner or a donor, and the most active sperm is mixed with the egg in a special chamber. Sometimes the sperm is directly injected into the egg (ICSI Procedure). Then, the sperms and eggs are placed in an incubator and monitored to make sure that enough healthy embryo develop.
Step 5: Embryo Development
Eggs undergo several stages of development, like Zyogote, Cleavage and Blastocyst phase. Not all embryos will grow in culture, only those cells that reach the Blastocyst stage are considered for transfer to uterus. Generally, more than one embryo is considered for transfer to maximize chance of success in IVF. However, this also increases the chance of twins or triples in IVF. Your IVF Specialist will discuss with you about the number of embryos to transfer and the decision is generally taken mutually after evaluation of pros and cons.
Step 6: Embryo Transfer and Implantation
The final step of the IVF process is the embryo transfer. First, the embryos are examined to select the healthiest ones for transfer. To transfer the embryo(s), a speculum is placed into your vagina and the embryo(s) are transferred via a small plastic tube placed through the cervix into the uterine cavity. After the IVF process is complete, bed rest is often advised for around 24 hours.
What is the Success Rate of IVF?
The success rate of IVF in a good clinic is generally in the range of 30-50%. Success rate of IVF depends on the age of the couple, specially the female, the quality and quantity of sperm and ova, the overall reproductive health of the female partner and a variety of other factors.
How long does an IVF cycle take?
IVF procedure normally is started on 2nd or 3rd day of your menstrual cycle. First stimulation doses are given, and then egg retrieval and subsequent transfer are done. The whole process will take 3-4 weeks in a cycle. The procedure doesnt require getting admitted to hospital, it is a day procedure.