Best Doctors in India for Hysteroscopy
- Dr. Harmeet Malhotra is one of the best gynaecologists in India to consult all major and complex gynaecological surgeries, uterine bleeding, and cervical cerclage; in addition to the women’s general health checkups.
- She is a specialist in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, practicing with Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. With over 40 years of vast experience in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- Dr. Malhotra specializes in vaginal, abdominal, and Laparoscopic surgeries, as well as Hysteroscopy. She had her first Hysteroscopic surgery at Apollo Hospitals in New Delhi.
- Dr. Usha Kumar is a veteran Gynaecologist and Obstetrician with over 25 years of proficient experience.
- Having performed over 10,000 surgeries so far, Dr. Usha has also managed to establish herself as a top-notch gynecologist in India.
- She is currently working as the Principal Consultant and Gynae Endoscopic surgeon at one of the most reputable medical institutes in India, Max Super Specialty Hospital.
- Dr. Shakti Bhan Khanna is a well-known obstetrician and gynecologist in New Delhi. She has over five decades of work expertise in academics and this arena.
- A specialized ‘Khanna’s Sling Operation’ technique for Vault Prolapse developed from her Obstetrics and Gynecology experience has received immense success.
- Dr. Khanna is working as a senior consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital and Apollo Cradle & Children’s Hospital since December 1995.
- Dr. Khanna specializes in complex reproductive treatments, gynecological laparoscopy, gyne-endocrinological treatment, infertility and high-risk pregnancies, and pelvic reconstructive surgery.
- Dr. Khanna has delivered many orations and received various felicitations.
- Dr. Sonia Malik is a renowned gynecologist and obstetrician in India specializing in IVF and ART.
- Dr. Sonia Malik founded the Southend Fertility and IVF Center with the motive of helping infertile couples have a family, and the clinic is considered one of the best in India.
- She holds an extensive experience of 30+ years in Gynecology, Obstetrics, and Infertility and specializes in various types of ARTs including IVF, ICSI, and IMSI. Dr. Malik has performed over 8000 fertility procedures with around 25 IVF cycles and 20 IUI cycles every month.
- Dr. Mukta Kapita has attained expertise in managing high-risk pregnancies, as well as laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgeries. She also excels in urogynaecological procedures with more than 20 years of experience in this field.
- She has traveled all over the country, and the world, and has been exposed to some of the best equipment and hospitals in this field.
- Dr. Rama Joshi is an extensively skilled and professional Gynae oncologist in India who specializes in Gyne onco surgery and Robotic surgery for ovarian and other gynecological cancers.
- Dr. Joshi provides treatment and management for cancers of the ovaries, uterus, and cervix and performs all types of gynae onco surgeries.
- She received her training in cancer surgery and robotic surgery from prestigious institutes in France and the USA.
- Dr. Sohani Verma is a well-known Gynecologist and Obstetrician in India, with approximately 22 years of experience in numerous treatments in these disciplines. Dr. Verma serves as a senior consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals.
- She specializes in infertility and IVF treatments, and she also founded a sperm bank in the hospital in 2002. She has 22 years of IVF and infertility experience in the UK and India.
- Dr. Sohani Verma worked as the Academic Coordinator for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals in New Delhi.
- Dr. Sushma Prasad Sinha is one of the top Gynaecologists and Obstetricians in India, having over 35 years of experience. She is primarily a well-known name in infertility & IVF with an unrivalled success rate.
- Dr. Sinha specialises in the ovarian cyst, fibroid, endometriosis, and ablation laparoscopic procedures; hysteroscopic surgeries, vaginal surgeries, tubal reconstruction, Colposcopy, loop cone cervical biopsies, and fertility preservation surgeries.
- She works in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital as an obstetrician and gynaecologist.
- Dr. Sushma Prasad Sinha has also written articles for many medical publications and a book chapter titled “Effective Approach to Basic Evaluation of Subfertile Couples.”
- Dr. Saroja Koppala is an expert Gynecologist and Obstetrician who is highly trained and experienced in all forms of ART and has helped in achieving a large number of successful pregnancies.
- She received most of her trainings in infertility and reproductive medicine from prestigious fertility clinics in the UK and has also spent a considerable amount of time in practicing at several renowned hospitals.
- Dr. Koppala finds interest in the management of women with recurrent miscarriage, repetitive implantation failure, failed IVF cycles, endometriosis, adenomyosis and low ovarian reserve.
- Dr. Anuradha Kapur is a gynecologist with the experience of around 30 years, who is the director and head of the obstetrics and gynecology department at Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi.
- She is known as one of the best gynecologists, obstetricians, and infertility specialists in Delhi treating patients who have even suffered repeated IVF failures.
- Max Hospital has awarded Dr. Kapur with the Physician Appreciation Award for her efficiency, precision, dedication, and compassion.
Best Hospitals in India for Hysteroscopy
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a 700-bedded multispecialty hospital in the heart of the capital of India. It is a part of Apollo Hospital group, one of India’s most reputed healthcare chains. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has been accredited by Joint Commission International, making it the first internationally accredited hospital in the country in 2005.
- There are 52 specialties in the hospital with one of the best cardiology centers in the country. The hospital is also equipped with State of the art infrastructure facilities with the largest Sleep Lab in Asia and the largest number of ICU bed facilities in India.
- The hospital also has one of the largest dialysis units in India along with a dedicated Bone Marrow Transplant unit.
- The latest and highly advanced technologies that are installed in the hospital include Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, PET-MR, PET-CT, Cobalt-based HDR Brachytherapy, Brain Lab Navigation System, Tilting MRI, Portable CT scanner, 3 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT scanner, DSA Lab, Endosonography, Hyperbaric Chamber and Fibro scan.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a multi-super-specialty, quaternary care hospital with 1000 beds. The hospital comprises reputed clinicians, and international faculty and is also equipped with cutting-edge technology. The hospital is a part of Fortis Healthcare Limited, a reputed chain of private hospitals in India.
- It is a NABH-accredited hospital that is spread across 11 acres of land and has a capacity of 1000 beds. The hospital has 55 specialties and is one of the premier health care centers in the Asia Pacific region popularly known as “the Mecca of Healthcare”.
- The hospital has 260 diagnostic centers and is also equipped with the latest and advanced techniques that include 3 Telsa which is the world’s first Digital MRI technology. The hospital also has world-class Radiation Therapy techniques which have been developed by leading technology experts from Elekta and Brain Lab.
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
- One of India’s best and largest multi-specialty hospitals, Medanta was built with the aim to bring India to the highest standards of medical care. The hospital has been providing the best medical services to its patients, since its inception, with care, commitment, and compassion.
- Equipped with 1250 beds, the hospital was founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan in the year 2009 with an aim to provide the best medical care at affordable costs. The hospital is spread across 43 acres and includes 45 operation theatres and 350 beds dedicated solely to ICU. The hospital includes over 800 doctors, and more than 22 specialty departments and has a dedicated floor for individual specialty in order to offer the best services under one roof.
- The hospital is considered one of the premier institutes in India for Cardiac Care and includes staffs and members of high caliber. The hospital has 6 distinct centers of excellence.
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- One of the well-regarded providers in India committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence and patient care, Max Super Specialty Hospital is a part of Max Healthcare, which is the second-largest healthcare chain in India. Regarded as one of the most well-regarded healthcare providers in the country, Max Super Specialty Hospital is committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence as well as patient care. The hospital is also equipped with the latest technology as well as cutting-edge research. The hospital is known to deliver and ensure the highest level of patient care.
- The hospital has more than 500 beds and offers treatment for over 35 specialties. The hospital also holds the credit of having installed the first Brain Suite in Asia. This is a highly advanced Neurosurgical machine that allows MRI to be taken while surgery is ongoing.
- Other advanced and latest technologies are also installed in the hospital such as the 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, 64 Slice CT Angiography, 4D ECHO, LINAC, and 3.5T MRI machine.
Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, is one of the best hospitals for heart care in India. Over the years, Apollo has expanded all over India, as a healthcare chain.
- India’s first ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was performed in Apollo Hospital. The hospital is known for successfully performing Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, and over the years, it has attained a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space. Around 3-4 organ transplants are performed in the hospital per day.
- Equipped with over 500 beds, this hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients from all over the world.
- The hospital holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
Rela Hospital, Chennai
- RIMC is a multi-specialty hospital in a sprawling area of 36 acres located in Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The facility has 450 beds including 130 critical care beds, 9 operating rooms, modern reference laboratories and radiology services, and is conveniently located near road, rail and air transportation.
- RIMC is led and managed by world-renowned physicians committed to healthcare.
- RIMC offers the broadest range of clinical care, education, and research. The hospital offers state-of-the-art technology and modern treatment facilities designed to provide health care at an affordable cost.
- Rela Institute is driven by patient needs, comfort and confidence.
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- One of the most well-known hospitals in the Delhi NCR, Artemis Hospital is the first hospital in Gurugram to get accredited by the Joint Commission International.
- With more than 40 specialties, the hospital has been designed to be one of the most technically advanced hospitals in the country, with the best medical and surgical health care. The hospital has eleven special and dedicated centers, for Heart, Cancer, Neurosciences, etc.
- The latest technologies in the hospital include Endovascular Hybrid Operating Suite and Flat panel Cath Labs for the cardiovascular department, 3 Tesla MRI, 16 slice PET CT, 64 Slice Cardiac CT Scan, HDR Brachytherapy, and highly advanced Image Guided Radiation Therapy techniques (LINAC) are installed in the hospital.
- The hospital has won several awards as well, since its inception.
BLK Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Equipped with 650 beds, BLK Superspecialty Hospital is the largest stand-alone private sector hospital in Delhi. With over 1500 healthcare providers and 150 globally renowned super specialists, the hospital is one of Asia’s largest Bone Marrow Transplant Centres. The hospital is known for having some of the best cancer doctors in the country.
- The hospital is NABH and NABL accredited and was inaugurated by the first Prime Minister of India. Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. It is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in India which was spread across 5 acres and has a capacity of 650 beds.
- The hospital has 80 consultation rooms spread across two floors, especially for OPD services.
- With one of the largest critical care programs, the hospital is equipped with 125 ICU beds specifically dedicated to the surgical, medical, neonatal, cardiac, pediatric, neuroscience and organ transplant units.
CARE Hospitals, Hyderabad
- CARE Hospitals were established in the year 2000, by CARE Group.
- The multispecialty hospital has 435 beds, including 120 critical care beds, with an annual inflow of 180000 outpatients and 16,000 in-patients.
- The hospital provides specialty medical services in Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nephrology, and Urology.
- The hospital has the first dual source, 128 slice CT scanner (for high precision cardiac imaging) – the first of its kind in south India.
- The hospital offers a wide range of accommodation facilities for the convenience of its varied patient base, ranging from general wards to super deluxe rooms.
Fortis Hiranandani Hospital, Mumbai
- Fortis Hiranandani hospital was established in 2007.
- The hospital is an advanced tertiary care, multi-specialty hospital equipped with 149 beds.
- The hospital is equipped with a super ICU to provide emergency medical care to critically ill patients.
- The hospital is NABH accredited.
- The critical care facility in the hospital is augmented with the state-of-the-art facilities that facilitate speedier diagnosis and efficient monitoring.
- The hospital provides specialty medical services in cardiology, orthopedic science, pediatric science, neurology, diabetic care, urology, nephrology, ENT, obstetrics, gynecology, cosmetic surgery, bariatric surgery, neuro and spine care.
Hysteroscopy is a diagnostic procedure that involves the insertion of a device of smaller diameter into your uterus. The device has a small camera at the end and a light that allows your doctor to view inside your uterus. Usually used for diagnostic or surgical purposes, your doctor may recommend the procedure for several situations. If you are suffering from severe cramps or your doctor needs to evaluate your reproductive health, he or she may recommend this procedure. It will give them the overall condition of your uterus & cervix while allowing them to figure out the cause of the problem.
Uses of Hysteroscopy
Your doctor may use Hysteroscopy :
- To find out any malformations in the uterus
- To easily remove any polyps and fibroids
- Immediately before dilation and the curettage procedure
- For visual confirmation of the results of another test
- Along with a laparoscopic procedure
Why do you need Hysteroscopy?
During the Hysteroscopy procedure, the hysteroscope inserted into your vagina allows the doctor to see inside the uterus. If the doctor finds anything abnormal or the condition is not as expected, he or she can later take a sample for testing. The most common reasons for Hysteroscopy are heavy flow during the menstrual cycle or bleeding during the normal days between consecutive two cycles. You need to have Hysteroscopy if:
- There’s bleeding even after menopause
- Your doctor wants a biopsy (a small tissue sample) of your uterus lining
- Your IUD or Intrauterine Device is out of place
- You show abnormal results for Pap test
- Fibroids, scarring, or polyps are present in your uterus
- You are undergoing sterilization procedure in the form of permanent birth control
- You had one or more than one miscarriage and are having problems conceiving.
Your doctor will ask you to stay in the same position as that for a gynecological examination.
During the procedure
The doctor will spread your cervix with the help of a tool known as a speculum. It happens similar to that of a gynecological examination. Next, the doctor will insert the hysteroscope through the opening of your vagina. He or she will continue to move it through the cervix and into the uterus The light and camera of the hysteroscope will allow him or her to see the fallopian tubes and the uterus. Because of this, they can easily diagnose any problems or perform the required surgical procedures.
If you are having the procedure for surgery, your doctor will also put the surgical devices through the tube of the hysteroscope for performing the surgery. Although the procedure is painless, you may suffer from cramps to some extent. Your doctor may ask you to take a sedative before Hysteroscopy so that you can relax during the procedure. The purpose of the procedure will determine the amount of anesthesia used.
Your doctor will perform the procedure in his or her office or the hospital. The time for the procedure may vary from 10 minutes to half an hour, depending on what the doctor is performing. If it is for diagnostic purposes, the doctor will perform the procedure in his or her office with regional or local anesthesia. He or she can also remove small polyps with this. When your doctor is using the procedure in conjunction with a surgical procedure, he or she may perform it in hospital. Also, they will then give general anesthesia instead of local anesthesia.
After the procedure
You may be able to drink or eat immediately after the procedure. Your doctor will allow you to leave within an hour if he or she used local anesthesia and performed the procedure in his or her office. However, you won’t be able to go if your doctor used regional anesthesia until the effects disappear. The time taken for the effects to disappear depends on the amount of anesthesia given. Also, if your doctor used general anesthesia, you can only go home after a few hours. If you reacted to anesthesia in the past, your doctor will ask you to stay in the hospital overnight.
The time taken for recovery depends on the purpose of the procedure. However, you may experience some symptoms after the procedure like:
- Slight bleeding or even spotting for a day or two.
- Mild nausea
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Shoulder pain (when the doctor uses carbon dioxide gas).
Your doctor will prescribe you some medications for pain for your easy recovery. If your doctor performed surgery, then you will need to take rest before you return to your normal routine. For faster recovery, you must follow every instruction given by your doctor.
Similar to any other media all procedure, Hysteroscopy also has some complications associated with it. They may be:
- Damage to the surrounding organs like bowel, bladder, or ovaries
- Problems due to anesthesia
- Problems with fluid or gas from the uterus
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- In rare cases, tearing or even damage to the cervix.
You may need to see your doctor immediately if you are suffering from severe abdominal pain, fever or heavy bleeding after having Hysteroscopy.
Your doctor may recommend this procedure for varying reasons. These may be for having a closer look or for a minor surgery that will help to ensure good health and well-being in the long term. You may ask questions to your doctor at any time if you have or you need to. Although the risks associated with Hysteroscopy are low, you must discuss everything with your doctor before the procedure. Recovery is quick and you won’t experience any long-lasting effects. However, you may experience some in the initial days after the procedure.