Best Doctors in India for Face Lift
- Dr. Anil Behl is an accomplished and skilled plastic surgeon with over 38 years of experience. He has excelled in the field of Burns care, complex reconstructive and aesthetic surgeries.
- He obtained special training in hand surgery in UK (1993-1994) in Craniofacial Surgery at Providence Hospital USA in 1994-95 and in Aesthetic Surgery in USA (2000-2001).
- Dr. Vipul Nanda is known as one of the most reputed plastic surgeons in India and has over 20 years of experience. Dr. Nanda did his MS from AIIMS and MRCS in UK. Following MCh from PGI in 1997 he underwent advanced fellowships under world leaders in cosmetic and plastic surgery in Spain, Japan, U.K. & USA.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Vipul Nanda has presented and published his technique of cleft palate repair and rhinoplasty for cleft patients at various national and international fora which have been acclaimed by his peers.
- Dr. Rakesh Kumar Khazanchi is the Chairman of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery at Medanta.
- With over 25 years of surgical experience, Dr. Rakesh Khazanchi specializes in cosmetic surgery, reconstructive microsurgery, vascular malformations, replantation of amputated parts as well as head and neck reconstruction.
- Dr. Khazanchi has undertaken 22 research projects, has published over 60 papers in national and international journals, and has also contributed over four chapters in textbooks as well as edited and authored a book of Plastic Surgery for General Surgeons.
- Dr. Ramajeet Singh has been one of India’s top dermatologists, who has earned over 20 years of experience.
- He is pioneering the concept of Laser in cosmetology.
- He is an expert in innovative aesthetic makeovers.
- Dr. Ajaya Kashyap is one of the most reputed plastic surgeons in India with over 35 years of experience. He completed his residency in Surgery at Robert Packer Hospital (Guthrie Clinic), Sayre, Pennsylvania, USA. He completed his Fellowship in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Massachusetts, USA in 1997.
- Dr. Kashyap practices cutting-edge Plastic Surgery including the latest innovations in Minimal Access and Endoscopic Cosmetic Surgery. He also performs state-of-the-art laser procedures, power-assisted liposuction, short scar anatopexices, and the latest techniques in facial cosmetic surgery, rhinoplasty, and body contouring. He also is a leader in reconstructive and hand surgery.
- Dr. Adhishwar Sharma is a reputed plastic surgeon, with an extensive experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- He has been associated with various hospitals like Fortis hospital Noida, Batra Hospital, Metro hospital Faridabad, and Central hospital Faridabad.
- He has an interest in Brachial Plexus reconstruction and lymphedema. He has published articles in various international and national journals. He is a member of various professional bodies.
- Dr. Shahin Nooreyezdan is a well-known plastic surgeon in India with over 30 years of experience. He works as a senior plastic surgeon at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Dr. Nooreyezdan extensively works on post-cancer reconstruction, burns & microvascular surgery, and re-attaching amputated limbs to improve the aesthetic appeal as well as deformities correction.
- Dr. Nooreyezdan is also attached to various social responsibility events like “Project Hope,” where he helped in recovering and rehabilitating 33 Christian orphans from the Tsunami-affected Nicobar Islands. Dr. Shahin has been the financial support for providing English and Moral Education to deprived children.
- Dr. Sunil Choudhary is the Principal Director & Chief of Plastic Surgery at Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- He has over 28 years of proficient experience in the medical field and has been honored for being the first-ever Indian Plastic Surgeon to be awarded Board Certification by the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery in Bern, Switzerland.
- Dr. Choudhary’s outstanding performance, especially in the field of Aesthetic Surgeries such as face reconstruction and breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and microsurgery has earned him several awards and accolades.
- With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Sanjay Mahendru is a fully qualified aesthetic plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
- He went to receive advanced training in Cosmetic Surgery at the Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery, Melbourne, Australia.
- He was also awarded the Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship in 2008. The fellowship is recognized by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) and is highly sought after the world over.
- Dr. Indrapati Singh is one of the best cosmetic surgeons in India with extensive experience. He works as a senior cosmetic surgeon at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Dr. Singh specializes in Plastic, Cosmetic, and Reconstructive Surgery and has over 52 years of combined expertise.
- He has successfully performed plastic and cosmetic surgery treatments on all parts of the body. His surgeries on the head, face, neck, and body improve one’s attractiveness. Aesthetic augmentation/reduction, liposuction, vaginal tightness, body contouring, and even hair transplantation are among the therapies available with him.
Best Hospitals in India for Face Lift
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a 700-bedded multispecialty hospital in the heart of the capital of India. It is a part of Apollo Hospital group, one of India’s most reputed healthcare chains. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has been accredited by Joint Commission International, making it the first internationally accredited hospital in the country in 2005.
- There are 52 specialties in the hospital with one of the best cardiology centers in the country. The hospital is also equipped with State of the art infrastructure facilities with the largest Sleep Lab in Asia and the largest number of ICU bed facilities in India.
- The hospital also has one of the largest dialysis units in India along with a dedicated Bone Marrow Transplant unit.
- The latest and highly advanced technologies that are installed in the hospital include Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, PET-MR, PET-CT, Cobalt-based HDR Brachytherapy, Brain Lab Navigation System, Tilting MRI, Portable CT scanner, 3 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT scanner, DSA Lab, Endosonography, Hyperbaric Chamber and Fibro scan.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a multi-super-specialty, quaternary care hospital with 1000 beds. The hospital comprises reputed clinicians, and international faculty and is also equipped with cutting-edge technology. The hospital is a part of Fortis Healthcare Limited, a reputed chain of private hospitals in India.
- It is a NABH-accredited hospital that is spread across 11 acres of land and has a capacity of 1000 beds. The hospital has 55 specialties and is one of the premier health care centers in the Asia Pacific region popularly known as “the Mecca of Healthcare”.
- The hospital has 260 diagnostic centers and is also equipped with the latest and advanced techniques that include 3 Telsa which is the world’s first Digital MRI technology. The hospital also has world-class Radiation Therapy techniques which have been developed by leading technology experts from Elekta and Brain Lab.
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
- One of India’s best and largest multi-specialty hospitals, Medanta was built with the aim to bring India to the highest standards of medical care. The hospital has been providing the best medical services to its patients, since its inception, with care, commitment, and compassion.
- Equipped with 1250 beds, the hospital was founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan in the year 2009 with an aim to provide the best medical care at affordable costs. The hospital is spread across 43 acres and includes 45 operation theatres and 350 beds dedicated solely to ICU. The hospital includes over 800 doctors, and more than 22 specialty departments and has a dedicated floor for individual specialty in order to offer the best services under one roof.
- The hospital is considered one of the premier institutes in India for Cardiac Care and includes staffs and members of high caliber. The hospital has 6 distinct centers of excellence.
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- One of the well-regarded providers in India committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence and patient care, Max Super Specialty Hospital is a part of Max Healthcare, which is the second-largest healthcare chain in India. Regarded as one of the most well-regarded healthcare providers in the country, Max Super Specialty Hospital is committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence as well as patient care. The hospital is also equipped with the latest technology as well as cutting-edge research. The hospital is known to deliver and ensure the highest level of patient care.
- The hospital has more than 500 beds and offers treatment for over 35 specialties. The hospital also holds the credit of having installed the first Brain Suite in Asia. This is a highly advanced Neurosurgical machine that allows MRI to be taken while surgery is ongoing.
- Other advanced and latest technologies are also installed in the hospital such as the 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, 64 Slice CT Angiography, 4D ECHO, LINAC, and 3.5T MRI machine.
Fortis Escorts Hospital, New Delhi
- Over the last 33 years, the Fortis Escorts Heart Institute has set new standards in cardiac treatment with groundbreaking research. It is now known around the world as a centre of expertise for Cardiac Bypass Surgery, Interventional Cardiology, Non-invasive Cardiology, Paediatric Cardiology, and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery.
- The hospital has cutting-edge laboratories that perform a wide range of diagnostic tests in Nuclear Medicine, Radiology, Biochemistry, Haematology, Transfusion Medicine, and Microbiology.
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute boasts a diverse group of bright and experienced doctors who are backed up by a team of highly qualified, experienced, and devoted support professionals as well as cutting-edge equipment such as the recently installed Dual CT Scan.
- Approximately 200 cardiac doctors and 1600 personnel currently collaborate to manage over 14,500 admissions and 7,200 emergency situations each year. The hospital now has a 310-bed infrastructure, as well as five cath labs and a slew of other world-class amenities.
Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, is one of the best hospitals for heart care in India. Over the years, Apollo has expanded all over India, as a healthcare chain.
- India’s first ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was performed in Apollo Hospital. The hospital is known for successfully performing Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, and over the years, it has attained a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space. Around 3-4 organ transplants are performed in the hospital per day.
- Equipped with over 500 beds, this hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients from all over the world.
- The hospital holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
Rela Hospital, Chennai
- RIMC is a multi-specialty hospital in a sprawling area of 36 acres located in Chromepet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The facility has 450 beds including 130 critical care beds, 9 operating rooms, modern reference laboratories and radiology services, and is conveniently located near road, rail and air transportation.
- RIMC is led and managed by world-renowned physicians committed to healthcare.
- RIMC offers the broadest range of clinical care, education, and research. The hospital offers state-of-the-art technology and modern treatment facilities designed to provide health care at an affordable cost.
- Rela Institute is driven by patient needs, comfort and confidence.
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- One of the most well-known hospitals in the Delhi NCR, Artemis Hospital is the first hospital in Gurugram to get accredited by the Joint Commission International.
- With more than 40 specialties, the hospital has been designed to be one of the most technically advanced hospitals in the country, with the best medical and surgical health care. The hospital has eleven special and dedicated centers, for Heart, Cancer, Neurosciences, etc.
- The latest technologies in the hospital include Endovascular Hybrid Operating Suite and Flat panel Cath Labs for the cardiovascular department, 3 Tesla MRI, 16 slice PET CT, 64 Slice Cardiac CT Scan, HDR Brachytherapy, and highly advanced Image Guided Radiation Therapy techniques (LINAC) are installed in the hospital.
- The hospital has won several awards as well, since its inception.
BLK Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Equipped with 650 beds, BLK Superspecialty Hospital is the largest stand-alone private sector hospital in Delhi. With over 1500 healthcare providers and 150 globally renowned super specialists, the hospital is one of Asia’s largest Bone Marrow Transplant Centres. The hospital is known for having some of the best cancer doctors in the country.
- The hospital is NABH and NABL accredited and was inaugurated by the first Prime Minister of India. Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru. It is one of the largest tertiary care private hospitals in India which was spread across 5 acres and has a capacity of 650 beds.
- The hospital has 80 consultation rooms spread across two floors, especially for OPD services.
- With one of the largest critical care programs, the hospital is equipped with 125 ICU beds specifically dedicated to the surgical, medical, neonatal, cardiac, pediatric, neuroscience and organ transplant units.
CARE Hospitals, Hyderabad
- CARE Hospitals were established in the year 2000, by CARE Group.
- The multispecialty hospital has 435 beds, including 120 critical care beds, with an annual inflow of 180000 outpatients and 16,000 in-patients.
- The hospital provides specialty medical services in Cardiology, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Nephrology, and Urology.
- The hospital has the first dual source, 128 slice CT scanner (for high precision cardiac imaging) – the first of its kind in south India.
- The hospital offers a wide range of accommodation facilities for the convenience of its varied patient base, ranging from general wards to super deluxe rooms.
Face-lift also termed as rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure that can make your face have a younger appearance by tightening the facial tissues. This procedure reduces the sagging or folds of skin on the cheeks and jawline and any other such changes in your face that can occur with age.
Neck lift, termed as platysmaplasty, is usually done as part of this procedure, as it helps to reduce fat deposits as well as sagging skins on the neck.
It is to be noted that a face-lift will not decrease fine creases, damage from sun exposure or any kind of wrinkles in your skin.
As we get older, the appearance as well as the shape of our face is altered due to age-related changes. The skin eventually loses its elasticity and becomes loose. Fat deposits can decrease in some areas of the face and increase in others. A face-lift can help you reduce age-related changes in your face, which includes:
- Sagging appearance of your cheeks
- Deepening of the fold of the skin from the side of the nose to the corner of the mouth
- Excess skin at the lower jawline
- Sagging skin and excess fat in your neck (if a neck lift is included in your procedure).
Preparing for a facelift is similar to preparing for any kind of surgery. Before the surgery, your doctor may ask you for presurgical evaluation and might ask you to stop taking certain medications or adjust the dosage before your procedure.
Your doctor can ask also you to:
- Stop smoking.
- Discontinue using aspirin, any kind of anti-inflammatory pain relievers, as well as any herbal supplements which can reduce the risk of bleeding and bruising
- Apply specific products to your face before your procedure
Your plastic surgeon will also need to take photos of your face from multiple angles as well as close-up photos of some features. The surgeon will then examine your bone structure as well, the shape of your face, fat distribution and skin quality, as it will help him/her determine the best options for your face-lift. You will also need to talk to him/her regarding your expectations for the outcomes of the procedure.
The procedure can take place at a surgical center or at the hospital, and you will need someone to drive you to and from the center as it is likely that you will be under general anesthesia. It’s better if you can arrange for someone to stay with you for a night or two after the procedure as well.
Generally, a face-lift involves elevating the skin and tightening the underlying tissues and muscles. Fat located in your neck and face may be removed, sculpted or redistributed. Then the facial skin is re-draped over the newly repositioned contours of your face and any excess skin is removed, after which the wound is stitched or taped closed.
The incisions for the procedure will depend on the techniques that will be used as well as the patient’s preferences. Options include:
Traditional face-lift incision
A traditional face-lift incision begins at your temples in the hairline and continues down and around the front of your ears and ends behind your ears in the lower scalp. An incision might be created under your chin as this can improve the appearance of your neck.
Limited incision is a shorter incision that starts in your hairline just above your ear and wraps around the front of your ear. However, it does not extend all the way into your lower scalp.
Neck lift incision
Neck lift incision begins in front of your earlobe and continues around your ear into the lower scalp. A small incision is created under the chin as well.
A face-lift should take between two to four hours. However, if other procedures are included, it should take longer.
After the procedure
After a face-lift, you can experience the following:
- Mild to moderate pain
- Drainage from the incisions
Contact your doctor soon if you have:
- Severe pain on one side of your face or neck after around 24 hours of surgery
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeats
- Chest pain
Your incisions might be covered with the help of bandages that can provide gentle pressure for minimizing bruising and swelling. A small tube may be placed under your skin behind one or both of your ears for draining any excess fluid or blood.
- Following your surgery, for a few days:
- You need to keep your head elevated after the surgery
- Take pain medication that your doctor recommends
- Apply a few cool packs to your face as it can ease pain and reduce swelling
You will have multiple follow-up appointments scheduled during the next two months after your surgery. They will include the following:
- The day after your surgery, your surgeon may need to remove your drainage tube and apply antibiotic ointment to your incisions as well as place new bandages on your face.
- Around two to three days after the face-lift, you might be able to switch from wearing bandages to wearing an elasticized facial sling.
- Around one week after your surgery, your doctor will be removing your stitches and assess the wound.
- Subsequent visits may be scheduled for monitoring your progress.
Self-care at home is important for the first three weeks after the face-lift as this will aid your recovery and minimize the risk of complications:
- Follow instructions related to wound care as directed by your surgeon
- Follow instructions regarding when you can start using shampoo, soaps and of what kind
- Do not pick at crusting scabs that might develop on your wound
- It is better to wear clothes that fasten in the front rather than clothes that require to be pulled over the head
- Avoid too much pressure or motion on and around your incisions
- Avoid sports or any kind of vigorous or aerobic activity
- Avoid using any makeup
- Avoid direct sun exposure to the incision for at least three weeks and use a sunscreen thereafter
- Avoid coloring and bleaching your hair for at least six weeks after the procedure
During your recovery period after the face-lift, you can style your hair to hide any remaining signs of the incision. You can choose to delay attending any major social events for a couple of months as well.
It is important to remember that the results of a face-lift are not permanent. With age, the facial skin can begin to droop again, though generally, a face-lift should last around ten years.
Like any other medical procedure, there are few risks to a facelift, which includes:
- blood clots
- anesthesia risks
- cardiac events
- pain or scarring
- hair loss at the incision sites
- problems with wound healing
- prolonged swelling