Best Doctors in India for Breast lift Surgery
- Dr. Adhishwar Sharma is a reputed plastic surgeon, with an extensive experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
- He has been associated with various hospitals like Fortis hospital Noida, Batra Hospital, Metro hospital Faridabad, and Central hospital Faridabad.
- He has an interest in Brachial Plexus reconstruction and lymphedema. He has published articles in various international and national journals. He is a member of various professional bodies.
- Dr. Shahin Nooreyezdan is a well-known plastic surgeon in India with over 30 years of experience. He works as a senior plastic surgeon at the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi.
- Dr. Nooreyezdan extensively works on post-cancer reconstruction, burns & microvascular surgery, and re-attaching amputated limbs to improve the aesthetic appeal as well as deformities correction.
- Dr. Nooreyezdan is also attached to various social responsibility events like “Project Hope,” where he helped in recovering and rehabilitating 33 Christian orphans from the Tsunami-affected Nicobar Islands. Dr. Shahin has been the financial support for providing English and Moral Education to deprived children.
- Currently associated with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Dr. Rajesh Watts is a renowned plastic surgeon in Delhi with around 20 years of experience.
- He had completed his MBBS in the year 1990 from Guru Nanak Dev University, and did his MS in General Surgery in the year 1996, from University of Rajasthan. He got his MCh in Plastic Surgery in the year 2003, from Banaras Hindu University.
- Some of the services provided by Dr. Rajesh Watts include instant brow lift treatment, hair loss treatment, hair replacement, hair transplant, etc.
- Dr. Anil Behl is an accomplished and skilled plastic surgeon with over 38 years of experience. He has excelled in the field of Burns care, complex reconstructive and aesthetic surgeries.
- He obtained special training in hand surgery in the UK (1993-1994) in Craniofacial Surgery at Providence Hospital USA in 1994-95 and in Aesthetic Surgery in the USA (2000-2001).
- Dr. Chepauk Ramesh is one of the best and most experienced Aesthetics and Plastic Surgeons in India, having about two decades of experience.
- Dr. Ramesh completed a fellowship in Microvascular Surgery at the Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences in Hyderabad and Tata Memorial Hospital in Mumbai.
- He gives the best of his assistance to the patients in trauma management, Microvascular Reconstruction, Correction of Congenital Anomalies, Trauma Management, Hand Surgery, Burns Reconstruction, and General and Cosmetic Surgery.
- Dr. Ganapathy Krishnan is a leading Cosmetic or Plastic Surgeon in Chennai and one of India’s most sought-after consultants.
- Dr. Krishnan has been helping patients with the know-how of Reconstructive management for 36 years in this field.
- He received Microsurgery training in Taiwan and practiced for 18 years.
- Dr. Vipul Nanda is known as one of the most reputed plastic surgeons in India and has over 20 years of experience. Dr. Nanda did his MS from AIIMS and MRCS in UK. Following MCh from PGI in 1997 he underwent advanced fellowships under world leaders in cosmetic and plastic surgery in Spain, Japan, U.K. & USA.
- Throughout his career, Dr. Vipul Nanda has presented and published his technique of cleft palate repair and rhinoplasty for cleft patients at various national and international fora which have been acclaimed by his peers.
- Dr. Rakesh Kumar Khazanchi is the Chairman of Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery at Medanta.
- With over 25 years of surgical experience, Dr. Rakesh Khazanchi specializes in cosmetic surgery, reconstructive microsurgery, vascular malformations, replantation of amputated parts as well as head and neck reconstruction.
- Dr. Khazanchi has undertaken 22 research projects, has published over 60 papers in national and international journals, and has also contributed over four chapters in textbooks as well as edited and authored a book of Plastic Surgery for General Surgeons.
- Dr. Sunil Choudhary is the Principal Director & Chief of Plastic Surgery at Max Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi.
- He has over 28 years of proficient experience in the medical field and has been honored for being the first-ever Indian Plastic Surgeon to be awarded Board Certification by the European Board of Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery in Bern, Switzerland.
- Dr. Choudhary’s outstanding performance, especially in the field of Aesthetic Surgeries such as face reconstruction and breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and microsurgery has earned him several awards and accolades.
- With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Sanjay Mahendru is a fully qualified aesthetic plastic and reconstructive surgeon.
- He went to receive advanced training in Cosmetic Surgery at the Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery, Melbourne, Australia.
- He was also awarded the Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship in 2008. The fellowship is recognized by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) and is highly sought after the world over.
Best Hospitals in India for Breast lift Surgery
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is a 700-bedded multispecialty hospital in the heart of the capital of India. It is a part of Apollo Hospital group, one of India’s most reputed healthcare chains. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has been accredited by Joint Commission International, making it the first internationally accredited hospital in the country in 2005.
- There are 52 specialties in the hospital with one of the best cardiology centers in the country. The hospital is also equipped with State of the art infrastructure facilities with the largest Sleep Lab in Asia and the largest number of ICU bed facilities in India.
- The hospital also has one of the largest dialysis units in India along with a dedicated Bone Marrow Transplant unit.
- The latest and highly advanced technologies that are installed in the hospital include Da Vinci Robotic Surgery System, PET-MR, PET-CT, Cobalt-based HDR Brachytherapy, Brain Lab Navigation System, Tilting MRI, Portable CT scanner, 3 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT scanner, DSA Lab, Endosonography, Hyperbaric Chamber and Fibro scan.
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram
- Fortis Memorial Research Institute is a multi-super-specialty, quaternary care hospital with 1000 beds. The hospital comprises reputed clinicians, and international faculty and is also equipped with cutting-edge technology. The hospital is a part of Fortis Healthcare Limited, a reputed chain of private hospitals in India.
- It is a NABH-accredited hospital that is spread across 11 acres of land and has a capacity of 1000 beds. The hospital has 55 specialties and is one of the premier health care centers in the Asia Pacific region popularly known as “the Mecca of Healthcare”.
- The hospital has 260 diagnostic centers and is also equipped with the latest and advanced techniques that include 3 Telsa which is the world’s first Digital MRI technology. The hospital also has world-class Radiation Therapy techniques which have been developed by leading technology experts from Elekta and Brain Lab.
Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai, is one of the best hospitals for heart care in India. Over the years, Apollo has expanded all over India, as a healthcare chain.
- India’s first ‘Only Pancreas’ transplant was performed in Apollo Hospital. The hospital is known for successfully performing Asia’s first en-bloc combined heart and liver transplant, and over the years, it has attained a remarkable achievement in the global healthcare space. Around 3-4 organ transplants are performed in the hospital per day.
- Equipped with over 500 beds, this hospital in Chennai was established in 1983 and since then has been among the most preferred hospital for patients from all over the world.
- The hospital holds accreditation of the NABH and JCI and is the first hospital in India to be ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certified. It is also the first South Indian Hospital to receive subsequent reaccreditation from the JCI USA 4 times.
Medanta-The Medicity, Gurgaon
- One of India’s best and largest multi-specialty hospitals, Medanta was built with the aim to bring India to the highest standards of medical care. The hospital has been providing the best medical services to its patients, since its inception, with care, commitment, and compassion.
- Equipped with 1250 beds, the hospital was founded by Dr. Naresh Trehan in the year 2009 with an aim to provide the best medical care at affordable costs. The hospital is spread across 43 acres and includes 45 operation theatres and 350 beds dedicated solely to ICU. The hospital includes over 800 doctors, and more than 22 specialty departments and has a dedicated floor for individual specialty in order to offer the best services under one roof.
- The hospital is considered one of the premier institutes in India for Cardiac Care and includes staffs and members of high caliber. The hospital has 6 distinct centers of excellence.
Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- One of the well-regarded providers in India committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence and patient care, Max Super Specialty Hospital is a part of Max Healthcare, which is the second-largest healthcare chain in India. Regarded as one of the most well-regarded healthcare providers in the country, Max Super Specialty Hospital is committed to the highest standards of clinical excellence as well as patient care. The hospital is also equipped with the latest technology as well as cutting-edge research. The hospital is known to deliver and ensure the highest level of patient care.
- The hospital has more than 500 beds and offers treatment for over 35 specialties. The hospital also holds the credit of having installed the first Brain Suite in Asia. This is a highly advanced Neurosurgical machine that allows MRI to be taken while surgery is ongoing.
- Other advanced and latest technologies are also installed in the hospital such as the 1.5 Tesla MRI machine, 64 Slice CT Angiography, 4D ECHO, LINAC, and 3.5T MRI machine.
Artemis Hospital, Gurugram
- One of the most well-known hospitals in the Delhi NCR, Artemis Hospital is the first hospital in Gurugram to get accredited by the Joint Commission International.
- With more than 40 specialties, the hospital has been designed to be one of the most technically advanced hospitals in the country, with the best medical and surgical health care. The hospital has eleven special and dedicated centers, for Heart, Cancer, Neurosciences, etc.
- The latest technologies in the hospital include Endovascular Hybrid Operating Suite and Flat panel Cath Labs for the cardiovascular department, 3 Tesla MRI, 16 slice PET CT, 64 Slice Cardiac CT Scan, HDR Brachytherapy, and highly advanced Image Guided Radiation Therapy techniques (LINAC) are installed in the hospital.
- The hospital has won several awards as well, since its inception.
BLK Max Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi
- Equipped with 650 beds, BLK Superspecialty Hospital is the largest stand-alone private sector hospital in Delhi.
- With over 1500 healthcare providers and 150 globally renowned super specialists, the hospital is one of Asia’s largest Bone Marrow Transplant Centres. The hospital is known for having some of the best cancer doctors in the country.
- The hospital is NABH and NABL accredited and was inaugurated by the first Prime Minister of India. Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru.
Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Chennai
- Established in 1999, Gleneagles Global Hospital, Chennai, is one of the top healthcare facilities in Southern India. It is part of the Gleneagles Hospital Chain, which is the fourth largest healthcare chain in the country. The hospital specializes in multi-organ transplants of kidneys, liver, lungs, heart, etc.
- The hospital has an excellent infrastructure and state-of-the-art lab and equipment set-up. The hospital boasts cutting-edge technologies, a highly skilled team of doctors and surgeons, and trained support staff. Located in Perumbakam, Chennai, it is one of India’s premier health care destinations. The hospital has performed some of the most complex surgical and clinical procedures in India including multi-organ transplantations.
- The hospital’s lung transplantation program is one of the best in the country. The hospital is known for having performed India’s first single lung transplant and first minimal invasive lung transplant. It is also the only Indian hospital to be associated with King’s College Hospital, London, United Kingdom for liver transplantations.
Fortis Hospital, Mulund, Mumbai
- Fortis Hospital in Mulund is a 315-bed multi-speciality tertiary care hospital with five JCI accreditations that offers a wide variety of diagnostic and therapeutic services. The Fortis Hospital in Mulund delivers patient-centred treatment with cutting-edge technology, highly skilled and experienced surgeons, and paramedical staff.
- This institution houses Maharashtra’s largest multi-organ transplant centre. It is also the first heart transplant centre in western India to conduct 100 or more consecutive heart transplants in under four years. It is the only hospital in the city to have multi-organ transplants and has handled the youngest patient for angioplasty. Fortis Hospital Mulund now boasts the first advanced surgical robot in central Mumbai.
- Cardiology and heart surgery, urology, nephrology, neurosciences, orthopaedics, digestive care, emergency and critical care, and maternity care are among the services provided by the hospital.
Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Named after the wife of Indian industrialist Dhirubhai Ambani, the founder of Reliance Industries, this is one of the top hospitals in Mumbai. This 750-bed multi-specialty hospital became operational in 2009. Known as one of India’s most advanced tertiary care facilities, the hospital is designed to raise India’s global standing as a healthcare hub, with an emphasis on excellence in clinical services.
- Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital uses Protocol and Care Pathway based treatment models to ensure the best outcomes for patients.
- The hospital represents a confluence of top-notch talent, cutting-edge technology, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and, most importantly commitment.
- The hospital also holds the accreditation of the NABH, NABL, CAP, and JCI.
- The hospital has been recognized as the No. 1 Multispecialty Hospital in Mumbai and the West Zone for the fifth year in a row in 2020 by The Week.
If the appearance of your breasts bother you or they are flat & droopy, you must consider going for a breast lift procedure. It is also an option if the areola is getting larger. This may happen because of conditions like:
- Weight change
Women usually go for this procedure without the need for an overnight stay. The surgeon will perform the procedure under general anesthesia and will require around 3 to 4 hours to complete the procedure. Many women choose to get breast implants at the same time as that of the Breast Lift procedure. So, your surgeon must explain the procedure and discuss with you all the options available. The motive behind the Breast Lift procedure is to reduce the sagginess of the breasts. They will be more contoured and shapely. Many people now prefer this procedure over other treatments for breasts like implants. With the increasing popularity of the procedure, now there are non-surgical options also available for Breast Lift procedures.
Why it's done?
Your breasts change and lose their firmness & elasticity as you get old. A Breast Lift can raise the position of your nipples & areola (the dark area surrounding the nipples) and reduce sagging. However, there might be a need to reduce the size of the areola during this procedure for keeping them in proportion with the shape of the breasts. You must consider the procedure if:
- Your areola and nipples point downward
- Your breasts sag because they lost volume & shape or are getting longer & flatter.
- One side of your breasts is lower than that of the other.
- Your nipples fall below the breast crease when there is no support to your breasts.
- Your areola stretch out of proportion from your breasts.
You must not plan for the procedure if you are considering pregnancy in some time. This is because your breasts could stretch and affect the results of the Breast Lift Procedure during pregnancy. If you are breast-feeding, then avoid going for the procedure. Although the nipples don’t separate from the underlying breast tissue, you might face difficulty in producing enough milk. Anybody can go for the procedure. However, women having smaller sagging breasts will experience the best and long-lasting results. This is because larger breasts are heavy and they are more likely to sag again.
How to prepare?
You need to contact your plastic surgeon and discuss your goals with him or her. If you plan the placement of breast implants too, show them the pictures of the desired size and shape of the breasts. He or she will consider your health first before describing various options available for you. Discuss the details of the procedure with the surgeon and know the possible risks associated with the procedure or what results of recovery you can expect. This will help in the proper evaluation of the procedure and you will have an idea about future outcomes.
Although the complications are rare after a Breast Lift procedure, you might observe infection, bleeding or scarring. You may follow the instructions of your surgeon to avoid the possible risks. You might need to quit smoking, stop using certain medications and also take antibiotics if necessary. You may plan for your recovery period. For example, you cannot lift heavy items for more than a month after the procedure. You may also need someone to help if you have young children or small kids at home. A better idea would be to have someone by your side for a month for taking care of your kid.
What to expect?
Your doctor will perform a breast lift procedure in a hospital. He or she will do it with local anesthesia & sedation that will only numb a part of your body. In other cases, your doctor might recommend general anesthesia to make you unconscious.
During the procedure
There are varying techniques to remove breast skin and to reshape the tissue. The technique that your surgeon uses will govern the location of the incisions and the scars due to the same. Your surgeon will make an incision either around the areola, or downward from the areola to the breast crease, or along the breast crease in a horizontal direction. To reshape your breast tissue and to reduce the size of the areola, he or she will place stitches deep into your breasts. Your surgeon will remove excess skin from your breast and shift the nipples higher. He or she will bring together the skin of your breasts and make stitches while applying skin adhesives or surgical tape to close the incision. This will take around 4 hours for the completion of the procedure and you will be able to go home the same day.
After the procedure
Your surgeon will cover your breasts with gauze after the procedure. He or she will place small tubes at the incision sites to drain excess fluids or blood in your breasts. Your breasts will bruise and swell for around two weeks. There will be soreness & pain in the area of incisions and they will appear pink or red for a few months. Also, there will be numbness in your areola, nipples and breast skin that will last for around 6 weeks. Your doctor will recommend a medication for pain in the first few days after the procedure. You must avoid bending, straining and lifting. Your doctor will advise you to sleep on your side or on your back to avoid pressure on your breasts.
You must ask your doctor when you can resume your routine activities like showering, washing your hair, or bathing. He or she will either remove or change the bandages upon removing the drainage tubes. You may ask your doctor when he or she will remove the stitches and whether they can dissolve on their own. If they don’t dissolve, your doctor will remove the stitches after 2 weeks from the day of performing the procedure. You will have to wear a surgical support bra for 4 days followed by a soft support bra for a month. You may need to use silicone tape or gel for proper healing of your incision sites. Also, protect your incisions from exposure to the sun.
You will experience changes in the breasts’ appearance. They will change their shape for a few months after the procedure. The scars will appear lumpy and red. The permanent scars will soften and turn white & thin within a year or two. Bathing suits and bras will hide the scars after a Breast Lift procedure. The results of the procedure might not be permanent. Your skin will become less elastic with age and sagging may occur. There are high chances of sagging of your breasts if they are heavy and large. However, you can retain the results by maintaining a healthy and stable weight of your body.
Some complications and risks associated with Breast Lift are:
- Breasts with different sizes and shapes because they heal at a different pace.
- Scars, those fade over time.
- Loss of areola or nipple (rarely) happening due to blood loss in the area.
- Changes in breast or nipple sensation that is usually temporary but may sometimes be permanent.